Breathe in, breathe out, and repeat as necessary!
This is a day, a moment in time that is so important, and the wedding ceremony program is the heart of the celebration. The wedding ceremony or civil union should be interesting, funny, inspiring, unique and touching. It is, in many ways, your gift to the people who have come to support you on the new path of marriage.
As your wedding celebrant, we will meet and talk about your history as a couple, your life together, and your ideas for the most unique wedding ceremony. Together we will pick readings, poetry, music that reflects your distinctive style and personality. You will receive a full script of your wedding ceremony program at least a week ahead of time, and we will edit it so it is completely comfortable for you.
On the day of your wedding ceremony, I will arrive early enough to brief your photographers, musicians, wedding planners and site staff on the details of your wedding ceremony. They will all know exactly what to expect so that they can produce their best work.
If you have friends or family that will be reading, I will work with them so they are calm and prepared. If you have flower girls or ring bearers, I’ll go over their roles along with your attendants and their parents. If you have a flower dog, I’ll bring a Milk Bone and take time to scratch behind the ears.
One of my goals as your wedding celebrant is to make everyone involved on that day feel the care you have put into orchestrating your unique wedding ceremony. They will be able to relax and enjoy their gift of participation.
- Let’s talk about… including children, pets, relatives or other special guests in your wedding ceremony. We can honor the people, places, things that are dear to you; the individual passions that make your relationship unique.
- Let’s talk about… including traditions from your backgrounds or creating new ones. Let’s think about handfastings, sand ceremonies, unity candles, dunk tanks (just wanted to see if you were paying attention!)
- Let’s talk about… readings, music and art that is meaningful to you.
- Let’s talk about… celebrating milestone anniversaries and renewal of vow ceremonies.
- Let’s talk about… searching for unusual and charismatic sites for your wedding or commitment ceremony. I have officiated at many exciting sites in New Jersey and New York, and I’m happy to share them with you.